Song of the Day: The promise Ring - Suffer Never
And it's about time too! Been holdin' it down without a peep as of late. It's been quite an interesting year of highs, low, and mediocrity. It comes with the territory at this stage I guess. I've been trying to warm myself with the current surroundings and can officially consider myself a city slicker. I contribute to the daily traffic, coffee shop lines, and the constant bickering and complaining of the city's public transit system (even though I hardly use it). I guess T.O. can now be considered home...
To help with the transition, music and entertainment really helped ease into second base of cuty dwelling. Some of the things that kept me balanced in 2008.
- MGMT - Oracular Spectacular: solid album and futuristic groove-worthy
- Chairlift - Does You Inspire You: makes you want to be 19 and carefree again
- Foals - Antidotes: math-rock cannot seem to escape me
- She & Him - Volume One: Zooey Deschanel has a warm & earthy voice
- Mates of Sate - Re-Arrange Us: Marriage Rock rules!
- American Teen - The musical outcast was particularly fascinating ... Hannah Bailey
- The Wackness - the 90's outlined to a tee
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall - Muppet operas need to come back in abig way. Thanks Jason Segal
- Smart People - Ellen Page is too good at portraying the smartass teen. Female Alex P. Keaton?
- Gigantic - I sense a Zooey Deschanel theme here
- The Go-Getter - a road trip movies are always awesome
- Rachel Getting Married - it just felt real and honest. Can't believe I liked a wedding movie!
There's definitely a few things missing from the list that'll makes its way on here in the next few days. Anyways, work calls and I better scram. Here's to an upbeat 2009.